Certificate in Caring for the Elderly Person

elderly care 1

Intro

Our Certificate in Elderly Care is ideal for individuals who either want to work as professional carers or already work in the healthcare sector and want to specialise in geriatrics.

During this course, our students will learn the necessary theoretical and practical skills are needed for a career in elderly care. Upon completion, they can work in private homes and long term care facilities.

Overall Competences

By the end of this course, our students will be able to:

  • Recognise best practices when it comes to taking care of the elderly.
  • Empower elderly persons to maximise their independence.
  • Evaluate the older person’s needs.
  • Use health and safety practices to prevent the spread of diseases.
  • Provide the optimal environment possible to improve the older adult’s quality of life.
  • Help the older person to cope with the mental health challenges that he/she may be facing.
  • Apply the main ethical principles involved in this line of work.
  • Enhance the patient’s quality of life by being a competent and professional team member.
  • Communicate with the older person and his/her family clearly and professionally.

Mode of Delivery 

The Certificate in Caring for the Elderly Person will be delivered through blended learning, with 60% of contact hours delivered online and the other 40% of contact hours delivered face-to-face.

Course Structure

Careers

Upon course completion, our students can either work as care workers in private homes/long-term care facilities or further their education by applying for other courses in the healthcare sector. 

 

elderly care 2

Entry Criteria

Fees

Maltese/EU
€1200
Third Country Nationals
€4000

Location

Malta Leadership Institute
Valley Towers, Suite 9
Valley Road
Birkirkara BKR9022
Malta

Stay in Touch

Error API
All Categories
Bespoke Courses
Education
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
Management & Leadership
Non-Accredited Courses
Short Courses
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
MQF level 7
18-24 months
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
Certificate of Achievement
12 hours
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
Certificate of Achievement
12 hours
The Letter of Acceptance will only be issued once the course deposit has been paid. We should receive the deposit at least fifteen (15) days before the course start date.
All applicants should present (in paper or digital format) all the certificates that are needed to assess eligibility. These need to be sent at least a day before the course start date. For more information regarding eligibility criteria, kindly refer to the information that was sent to you by our team.
You must complete the following exemption form: https://form.jotformeu.com/jesfrig/rpl. You need to make this request when applying for the course. An official response will be issued during the first week of the course.
If for any reason, you decide to drop out, you need to inform us at least 10 (ten) days before. If we are informed ten (10) days plus before, you are still entitled to a partial refund (according to the amount of deposit requested and the MQF Level of the course).
If you want to switch courses (e.g. from the Certificate course to the Diploma course within the same faculty), you need to inform us at least two weeks before starting the course. If this change requires an additional deposit fee, then this change will be only accepted on the condition that we receive the payment immediately. Unfortunately, we cannot accept such changes if you've already started the original course.