Certificate in Applied Nutrition

nutrition 1

Intro

Our Certificate in Applied Nutrition enables students to learn more about the main issues related to nutrition, food and eating.

They will also analyse the factors that bring about nutritional problems such as disordered eating and will learn how to best assist patients that are dealing with these issues.

The coursework includes both theoretical and practical elements. Students are encouraged to discuss coursework topics with both their tutors and peers.

Overall Competences

During this module, our students will:

  • Discuss and determine what healthy nutrition is.
  • Describe the core ethical issues associated with nutrition.
  • Discuss and describe the core psychological issues involved in eating and feeding.
  • Determine, discuss and describe the core psychological problems related to nutrition. 
  • Learn about the constituents of food.
  • Learn how to make healthy choices when shopping.
  • Discover healthy cooking techniques that they can then implement at home. 

Mode of Delivery

The Certificate in Applied Nutrition will be delivered through blended learning, with 40% of contact hours delivered online and the other 60% of contact hours delivered face-to-face.

Course Structure

Careers

To become a fully qualified nutritionist, the individual must continue studying and must opt for a Bachelor’s in Nutrition and a Master’s in Nutrition and Dietetics. 

This course on its own will enhance the participant’s knowledge, but the participant cannot register and work as a nutritionist. 

nutrition 2

Entry Criteria

Fees

Maltese/EU
€1000
Third Country Nationals
€4000

Location

Malta Leadership Institute
Valley Towers, Suite 9
Valley Road
Birkirkara BKR9022
Malta

Stay in Touch

Error API
All Categories
Bespoke Courses
Education
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
Management & Leadership
Non-Accredited Courses
Short Courses
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
MQF level 7
18-24 months
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
Certificate of Achievement
12 hours
Health and Holistic Wellbeing
Certificate of Achievement
12 hours
The Letter of Acceptance will only be issued once the course deposit has been paid. We should receive the deposit at least fifteen (15) days before the course start date.
All applicants should present (in paper or digital format) all the certificates that are needed to assess eligibility. These need to be sent at least a day before the course start date. For more information regarding eligibility criteria, kindly refer to the information that was sent to you by our team.
You must complete the following exemption form: https://form.jotformeu.com/jesfrig/rpl. You need to make this request when applying for the course. An official response will be issued during the first week of the course.
If for any reason, you decide to drop out, you need to inform us at least 10 (ten) days before. If we are informed ten (10) days plus before, you are still entitled to a partial refund (according to the amount of deposit requested and the MQF Level of the course).
If you want to switch courses (e.g. from the Certificate course to the Diploma course within the same faculty), you need to inform us at least two weeks before starting the course. If this change requires an additional deposit fee, then this change will be only accepted on the condition that we receive the payment immediately. Unfortunately, we cannot accept such changes if you've already started the original course.