Master of Education in Inclusive Education
This course will enable learners to enhance knowledge and skills to become specialised in an area in Inclusive Education and be in a better position to support school-aged students with diverse needs.
The type of learners anticipated are fresh graduates in possession of an MQF Level 6 in Inclusive Education, General Education, Psychology or a related field, who wish to further their studies in the area of Inclusion in Education.
Another target group anticipated shall be of persons who are already LSEs (Learning Support Educators), teachers or psychologists within the Maltese Educational context be it government, church or independent schools, who wish to further their profession and become even more effective in the field of Inclusion.
Upon completion, the individual will be able to:
- Be knowledgeable and understand the learners’ needs and apply the principles of inclusion and equity.
- Develop strategies and resources professionally in the role of a Learning Support Educator within a classroom setting for learners with different needs.
- Develop and apply a wide range of interpersonal skills and teaching strategies to empower and enable the development of learners with diverse needs in collaboration with other educators/professionals
- Collaborate efficiently and effectively within a team of professionals to enhance the physical, intellectual/cognitive and emotional development of learners with diverse needs from an educational perspective
- Research on the internet and online library to back up the knowledge acquired during lectures, and follow videos and read materials critically.
- Write professional and well-referenced (APA referencing) assignments making use of good English
- Be self-reflective and use such self-reflections for personal and professional development.
Mode of Delivery
This Qualification will make learners eligible to apply for the post of INCO in government, church and independent schools in Malta or in other countries. Moreover, this qualification shall make learners eligible to apply for specialised services within the Educational sector (e.g. ACTU for SEBD).
Entry requirements for the Masters of Education in Inclusion (Level 7) include the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Inclusive Education (MQF Level 6 – 180 ECTS) with a first-class or second-class upper classification (in case of a third-class classification prospective candidates can still apply. However, in such cases, the student will be subject to a pre-assessment consisting of the presentation of an improved version of their undergraduate dissertation and attaining at least a mark of 75%.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education OR Psychology OR Sociology (MQF Level 6 – 180 ECTS) with a first-class or second-class upper classification (in case of a third-class classification prospective candidates can still apply. However, in such cases, they will be subject to a pre-assessment consisting of the presentation of an improved version of their undergraduate dissertation, and attaining at least a mark of 75%). OR
- A diploma (MQF Level 5- 60 ECTS) AND at least 5 years experience working as a Learning Support Educator or in a similar role- However, in such cases, the student will be subject to a pre-assessment consisting of the presentation of a 2,000-word dissertation proposal and attaining at least a mark of 75%.
Malta Leadership Institute
Valley Towers, Suite 9
Stay in Touch
If this change requires an additional deposit fee, then this change will be only accepted on the condition that we receive the payment immediately. Unfortunately, we cannot accept such changes if you've already started the original course.