The term ‘work-life balance’ describes proper prioritisation of work (career and ambition) and an individual’s lifestyle (health and family). This concept takes into account the challenges individuals face when trying to balance these two critical components.
Daily, many people have to deal with activities such as getting to work on time, taking care of their children, home chores and spending time with their partner. Thus, for many individuals, this balance is a distant dream.
However, work-life balance is not about being perfect. It’s about staying connected with the inner self, one’s values, and other vital aspects of a person’s personal life. It has multiple meanings to various people and the meaning changes at different stages of life. There are several factors that play a role in maintaining a healthy balance between both. The well-being of the individual is a huge tell. When someone is feeling stressed or overwhelmed with their work or social life, it is a clear sign of an imbalanced prioritisation of work and lifestyle. So, how can this be fixed?
During the module, our students will:
- Learn how to prioritise projects and personal events.
- Learn how to set a routine in order to maintain a structure.
- Understand how to re-align individualised priorities.
- Develop an understanding of how work-life balance started.
- Discuss topics such as work flexibility, technology enhancements and other benefits.
Malta Leadership Institute
Valley Towers, Suite 9